What exactly is this so-called wounded inner child? Does it truly exist? And why should we care?
We were all once children, and we still have that wounded child dwelling within us.
The wounded inner child is there. The wounded child is a reality. Not literally. Nor physically. But figuratively, metaphorically real. It is a psychological or phenomenological reality and an extraordinarily powerful one at that. Indeed, most mental disorders and destructive behaviour patterns are, more or less related to this unconscious part of ourselves.
Some people believe the wounded child is in every cell of our body and in a way it is. Because the wounded Inner child bears one of all of these 4 categories of wounds.
· Feels left out
· Fears being left
· Hates being alone
· Threatens to leave constantly
· Attracts normally emotionally unavailable people
· Feels sorry or bad
· Doesn’t like to ask for things
· Uses guilt to manipulate
· Is afraid to set boundaries
· Normally attracts people who make them feel guilty
· Is afraid to be hurt
· Finds ways not to trust people
· Feels insecure and needs a lot of external validation
· Doesn’t feel safe
· Normally attracts people who don’t feel safe
· Struggles to let things go
· Has low self-worth
· Get angry easily
· Struggles to say NO
· Represses emotions
· Fear being vulnerable
· Normally attracts people who don’t appreciate them or make them feel “seen”
In some circles, the wounded inner child is called the disempowering centre. I personally like to think it is our inner child lives in our belly and pelvic area
We don’t have to look far into the past for that child; we only have to look deeply and we can be in touch with her them. The suffering of that wounded child is lying inside us right now in this present moment.
You just have to be aware of her. When we do that, we will feel great compassion for ourselves and we can generate self-love and awaken the latent wisdom within ourselves. That energy will embrace us and heal us, and it will also heal the wounded child within.
Enjoy connecting with your inner child!
- I am HGT that I embrace all parts of me, including my wounded inner child
- I am HGT that I embrace all my feelings and emotions, the good, bad and the ugly.
- I am HGT that I am willing to rise above my past experiences
- I am HGT that I am willing to forgive myself and others
- I am HGT that I allow myself to feel safe and supported
- I am HGT that all my experiences have made me the person I am today
- I am HGT that I allow myself to listen to my inner voice within
- I am HGT that I accept all aspects of myself completely
- I am HGT that I allow my light within me to glow